I’ve loved caesar salad for as long as I can remember! This version uses yogurt as a base, instead of an emulsion made from oil and raw egg, or God forbid, jarred mayonnaise. I love this healthier version, which packs in a boost of protein and has less fat than traditional caesar without sacrificing any of that savory, zippy flavor that I love. Without a raw egg, the dressing keeps a bit longer in the fridge as well. It’s delicious as a veggie dip, too.
Recipe adapted from Gimme Some Oven
Dressing (makes enough for 4 dinner servings)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup 0% Greek yogurt
- 3 cloves garlic*
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 5 anchovies packed in oil*
- 1 tsp oil from anchovies
- Few turns of black pepper
Salad (makes enough for 2 dinner servings)
- 2 cups dinosaur kale, tough ribs removed
- 2 cups romaine, torn
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked (I used these amazing instructions!)
* start with one of each if you’re not a fan of either ingredients, then add more to taste.
- Combine all ingredients (EXCEPT water) in a mini food processor and pulse.
- The dressing will be fairly thick. Add water, one tablespoon at a time, and pulse, until dressing reaches desired consistency.
- Toss kale and romaine with half the dressing. Top with chicken breasts and serve.
- Dressing will keep for a few days in the fridge, tightly covered, but it never lasts very long at my house. The dressing thickens up in the fridge, so you may need to add more water to thin it out a bit.